I feel like I need to re-introduce myself, it’s been so long since I’ve written…
So much happened during the “silent” weeks that I can only talk about them after the fact. And I am SO thankful I can tell you about them in the past tense.
Anyone who knows me, knows I am not a negative or pessimistic person. Can I get an amen? But I have got to say, I have been through the proverbial wringer since, oh, about Thanksgiving. I am just now on the other side of it all. Praise Jesus! Hallelujah!! Can I get another amen?! (HAHA I had bible study today and I’m still a little “high”) 😉
I am not going to go through allll the details of the drama that went on in my life but I will list some of them just so I can keep an account of what I’ve been through and how I’ve triumphed in some of those areas.
1. My Pippa (technically my “grandfather”, but the only earthly father I’ve ever known) has Alzheimer’s and was hospitalized right after Thanksgiving. Although he is home now, he is in need of 24-hour care and is likely bedridden for the rest of his days.
2. My Neana (my grandmother, and the woman who raised me alongside my own mother) is worried about how to take care of the man who has taken care of her since she was 17 years old.
3. I got sick for a week at Christmas, which forced me to miss going home and visiting my family.
4. Dealing with migraines a couple of weeks later prevented me from visiting again.
5. Both my kids’ birthdays are in January so I’ve been busy with all the stuff that goes along with that.
6. I am going to the chiropractor 3x/wk for my neck. I am pretty much out of commission the rest of the day after my treatment, because of icing on/off every 30 minutes and pain.
7. I need to schedule a hysterectomy.
8. My mom and sister are going through personal trials, and I hurt for them.
For a period of about 8 weeks, I was in a fog, maybe even clinically depressed. I was gripped by something, almost trapped inside myself, and I just “didn’t feel like me”. I have never struggled in that way before, so I’m not sure what it was, but I’m calling it a fog, because one day it lifted as suddenly as it set in. Praise the Lord! Hallelujah again!!! 🙂
I am thankful to be free from that and back to my old self, and now I am reflecting on how this relates to God, now that I can see past my own eyeballs.
But I am saving that for another post. Really, more than anything, I just wanted to say HI! 🙂 See you soon!